Promoting the Children's Book of the Year Awards.
Providing information on and encouragement to authors and illustrators.
Organising exhibitions and activities that celebrate children's literature.
Acting as a reference point for libraries and librarians.
Encouraging partnerships in order to raise the profile of Australian children’s literature.
As a branch we...
- Support children's literature
- Meet authors, illustrators, publishers and visiting academics
- Keep up to date with the latest in children's literature
- Convene 'And the winner is...' exploring the shortlisted books in the Children's Book Council Book of the Year Awards.
- Convene a judge's talk evening.
- Hold special dinners for Book Week, authors, illustrators etc.
All CBCA SA members are welcome to join the committee.
We meet monthly at Toop & Toop, 84 King William Road, Hyde Park.
President - Karen Mutton
Vice President - Linda Guthrie
Secretary - Judy Miller
Membership Secretary - Judy Miller
Treasurer - Anna Angelakis
News Editor - Karen Mutton
Website Manager - Linda Guthrie
National Committee Representatives - Linda Guthrie
Committee - Val van Putten, Julie Wells, Maria Komninos, Nola Uzzell.
Our fiction judge for 2016-2017 is Katherine England.
Committee Meeting Dates
We meet at the Adelaide City Council Library – Hutt St, 235 Hutt Street, Adelaide.
8th February, 2016
7th March, 2016
4th April, 2016
2nd May, 2016
4th July, 2016
1st August, 2016
5th September, 2016
7th November, 2016
5th December, 2016